The Round-Up: January 3, 2012
Welcome to the first round-up of 2012!
- Gender Focus guest contributor Farah Ghuznavi has an essay published in the anthology In Her Place: Stories about women who get around. Here’s the link to the piece: “Old Delhi, New Tricks”. She’d love to read your comments below the article.
- The Maddow Blog reports that some urban Iranian women are putting on fashion shows to challenge the boundaries of the state dress code.
- The Advocate argues 2011 was a game-changing year for advancing transgender rights.
- Anne Galisky writes about the journey of creating and producing her new film “Papers: Stories of Undocumented Youth” (at Feministe).
- Unsurprisingly for many of us, The Root reports on a new study showing the HPV vaccine does not promote greater promiscuity.
And here are some posts we didn’t catch in time for the end-of-year list round-up: