The Round-Up: Mar. 1, 2011
- Sociological Images directed me to this super fun site at Kaltura where you can remix gendered toy advertisements, combining the visuals from girl ads with the audio from boy ads, or vice versa.
- Stephanie at the Ms. Blog looks at the Winnipeg judge’s decision that gave a reduced sentence to a convicted rapist because his victim was wearing a tube top and “flirting”.
- It’s day 1 of Women’s History Month and The Daily Femme has some great suggestions for where to learn more.
- Check out the buzzfeed compilation of the 70 best signs from the recent Walk for Choice.
- WTF? Shakesville reports that a fetus is scheduled to testify on an anti-choice bill in Ohio.
- GLAAD has teamed up with the National Hispanic Coalition to file an FCC complaint against a sexist and homophobic Spanish-language talk show (via Towleroad).
I’ll leave you with this contribution to It Gets Better from the Vancouver Men’s Chorus: