The Round-Up: Feb. 15, 2011
- 2 contributors at Racialicious weigh in on Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day and how to combat AIDS in Black communities.
- I love these hints from Melissa at Shakesville for guys who want to communicate more effectively during conversations about feminist issues.
- Various contributors at Girl w/Pen spent much of last week doing some really neat analysis on Betty Friedan and The Feminine Mystique, prompted by the release of Stephanie Coontz’s new book: A Strange Stirring.
- Have you seen that really irritating ad campaign for Mattel that features Ken trying to win Barbie back and asks people to vote on whether she should take him back? There’s a much cooler unauthorized version that asks whether Ken should be with Ben.
- Truth Wins Out critiques the new anti-gay iPhone confession app that asks Catholics whether they have been “guilty of any homosexual activity”.
And let’s round out the Round-Up with a great R&B song written by Ashford & Simpson with the same name and theme as the recent Lady Gaga release “Born This Way” (via Joe.My.God):