1. Manhood in America: A Cultural History by Michael Kimmel
2. Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
3. Reality Bites Back by Jennifer L. Pozner
Posts I wrote for other blogs:
1. “Charlotte, NC: Home of manly men who eat bacon cupcakes” at About-Face.
2. “The Date Rape Test Debate” on the Vancouver Observer
3. “Policing Figure Skaters’ Gender” – Vancouver Observer.
1. Wallander – Masterpiece Mystery series based on the Swedish detective novels of Henning Mankell.
2. Hung – HBO sitcom about a man who decides to become a prostitute to make ends meet.
3. Lark Rise to Candleford – BBC series about small town life in the 1890s.
1. Dating successfully without hiding how geeky/nerdy I am.
3. Seeing In the Heights on Broadway.
I saw very few this year, so keep in mind the small sample size.
3. Easy A
1. Chris Pureka – Soulful alt-country music from an amazing singer/songwriter.
New Blogs (to me):
1. Queerty – an awesome source for LGBTQ news, including good coverage of Canadian stories.
2. The Ms. Magazine Blog – great, timely feminist commentary on a range of issues.
3. Tiger Beatdown – Sady Doyle’s Tiger Beatdown is worth checking regularly, and not just because she organized the awesome and I think successful #Mooreandme Twitter campaign.