The Round-Up: Dec. 31, 2013
- As 2013 comes to a close, it’s a great time to look back at highlights, such as Bitch Magazine blog’s top 10 articles from the past year.
- And Mother Jones’ List of 13 Badass Women of 2013, including Mikki Kendall and Wendy Davis.
- Monica at Transgriot has a “Latin@ trans” year in review post, with input from that community.
- Looking forward, NPR suggests journalists of colour to watch in 2014.
- And Ms. Magazine blog has 10 ideas for keeping up the feminist fight in the new year.
- After the Queen pardoned Alan Turing, LGBT leaders are pushing for pardons for other men convicted under the same “gross indecency” law, 15,000 of whom are still alive (via The Advocate).
- After Ellen looks at the aspects of P.L. Travers’ life and character left out of Saving Mr. Banks, including the author’s bisexuality.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates writes at The Atlantic about why he doesn’t feel dads deserve more credit than moms do for taking on a more equal share of the parenting.
- Rebekah Owens at The F Word (UK) weighs in with her take on Game of Thrones, which she says is ultimately a fantasy about the subjugation of women.