The Round-Up: Dec. 17, 2013
- Rosella Chibambo guest-posts at Shameless Magazine with reflections on community and exclusion vis a vis Eve Ensler, the Vagina Monologues, and VDay.
- On a related note, Lauren Chief Elk reminds Canadian feminists that VDay has agreed to move its One Billion Rising events to March 8 next year, after being reminded of the importance of February 14 to indigenous women.
- At Autostraddle, read about what the recent fast food strikes have to do with economic justice for women.
- Wondering what happened to C-279, the federal trans human rights bill put forward by NDP MP Randall Garrison? TransGriot has a good recap of how it got to its current state: stalled in the Senate.
- Amanda Rodriguez says she found Disney’s Frozen, surprisingly feminist (Fem2pt0).
- Brain Pickings has the video and highlights from Alice Munro’s Nobel Prize interview, including many comments on women and writing.
- Over at my Tumblr, Trekkie Feminist, I talk about Think Geek’s poor decision to make Uhura white in their Star Trek family car decals.
- Really appreciated these tips from Philippa Willitts at The F Word (UK) for people who find Christmas a particularly tough time emotionally.
About the author