- Roxanne at Rumpus talks about the 2010 Texas gang rape of an eleven-year-old girl and the questions the trial raises about how we talk about children and sexualty.
- Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend, but her name and other victims’ names are often forgotten in the ensuing media coverage. The Crunk Feminist Collective asks us to remember Kasandra and the many other victims of violent crime whose names are left out.
- Amanda at Flurt! profiles the work of the Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters for Family Violence Prevention Month.
- A Swedish company is reversing gender roles in its latest toy catalogue (via Feministing).
- Racialicious shares videos of the final two Facing Race 2012 plenaries, one on “Race and Gender in the 21st Century” and another called “Culture Trumps Politics, Or Does It?”
- Last week the government of Nova Scotia passed legal protections for trans people (via CBC).
- Women are fighting in combat in the US military but are denied access to official combat jobs. Ms. Magazine reports on some women who are suing because of it.
- The Advocate challenges the negative, stereotyped portrayals of trans people on CSI.
Posted on December 4, 2012 by