- Fans of Alison Bechdel will be happy to hear she has a new book coming out. It’s about her mother, and The Advocate has an interview.
- TransGriot recaps the last couple of weeks of legal changes that have resulted in advancements for trans Canadians.
- XO Jane asks: are fitness inspiration photos replacing “thinspo” (thin-inspiration) photos online in an unhealthy way?
- The Lance (University of Windsor) calls out clothing store Urban Behavior for selling a new tee joking that a guy should kick a girl if she nags him.
- Women in the Michigan House of Representatives last week were barred from debate after using the word “vagina”. And, the Michigan ACLU is asking folks to fill out an email to send to state senators to oppose the anti-choice legislation being debated and to ensure full democracy during the debate.
- Sociological Images has collected some vintage Father’s Day ads that tell us a bit about the history of how “fatherhood” has been constructed as a cultural idea.
- Youth advocates at Rio+20 for the UN negotiations are watching and pushing for advances in sexual and reproductive health and rights (via Population Action International).
- Fausterella has the same problem I do trying to find a Father’s Day card that actually applies to my dad.
Posted on June 19, 2012 by