- The Canadian House of Commons debated Stephen Woodworth’s Motion-312 to re-consider the personhood of a fetus. Interested to see what various MPs said? Read the full Hansard transcript here.
- The issue also got a write-up at Jezebel, which you can read here.
- Britni at Clutch takes People to task for making Beyonce look white in their article about her as the “most beautiful woman in the world”.
- ThinkProgress has put together a video showing the GOP’s issue with rhetoric on women and women’s rights.
- SVU’s Tamara Tunie (who I once met and <3), writes at The Root about why she fights to keep abortion safe and legal.
- According to The Advocate, the BC Supreme Court recently ruled a separated lesbian couple must share the remaining vials of sperm they purchased together from a sperm bank.
- A new Tumblr, Oppressed Brown Girls Doing Things, tackles the myth that brown women and girls need to be saved by white people.
- And let’s finish off with another project by fantasy author Jim C. Hines. Earlier this year he took on a project to pose like the women on the covers of fantasy novels. Now he’s “posing like a man” from the cover of romance novels, such as the following. In his post, he talks about what he’s learned about the way men and women are posed differently on book covers.
Posted on May 1, 2012 by