The Round-Up: Apr. 3, 2012
- Great American feminist poet Adrienne Rich passed away last week. Read a great tributes at Black Coffee Poet.
- Catholic and evangelical parents’ groups held protests in Toronto in response to Ontario’s proposed anti-bullying legislation. Xtra says protesters referred to GSAs at “homosexual sex clubs”.
- Kristin at Ms. Magazine blog writes about why part of the future of feminism is promoting the belief that sex education is a human right.
- Shameless Magazine blog has a post about why Bill C-31 (designed to crack down on “fake” refugees) goes against Canadian values and promotes racism and other forms of discrimination
- A new study featured in an article at PsyPost shows that people experience increased racial bias simply by viewing alcohol-related imagery, not just after consuming alcohol.
- Felicia Day and Chris Hardwick just launched their new YouTube channel Nerdist, and Arturo at Racialicious points out it unwittingly reinforces the idea of geekdom as the domain of white people.