The Round-Up: Mar. 22, 2011
- Check out the reporting on this survey of over 4,000 people in the UK, which found that a clear majority felt movies rely too heavily on sexist, racist, and homophobic stereotypes when portraying characters.
- Send a message of support to Betty Dukes, the lead plaintiff in the class-action suit of women suing Wal-Mart for sex discrimination in a case which is coming up before the US Supreme Court.
- Queerty asks why parents of intersex children choose their child’s gender at such an early age.
- Georgia at the Ms. Blog talks about why people who claim to stand for “family values” should support gay rights and the repeal of DOMA.
- The Advocate covers a new initiative from the Gay and Lesbian Straight Education Network to challenge homophobia in K-12 sports.
- Had to share this post from Monica at TransGriot, who manages an extended Star Trek/Maryland marriage equality analogy.
- Thanks to Shakesville for discussing and taking a screencap of a truly offensive Maclean’s article “jokingly” comparing escorts to hookers.